My new poetry chapbook, Hearts in Common, will be mailed out by Finishing Line Press soon. Those who pre-ordered it, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. (The press is apologetic about their delay.) To those of you who haven't had a chance to order a copy yet, please feel free to visit http://www.finishinglinepress.com or http://www.amazon.com . The book was a national semi-finalist in a poetry chapbook competition. It has received some good reviews thus far, I'm thankful to say.
- "Lesbian": If & When Literary Journal, Issue Two, June 2013. [The full text of this story is posted in this blog, below.]
- "Liar, Liar": The Acentos Review, Fifth Anniversary Issue, May 2013
- "Widow Bride": Hinchas de Poesia, Issue 9, May 2013
- "Making It Well Again": PALABRA: A Magazine of Chicano & Latino Literary Art, Issue 8, (2012)
- "Juana Macho": phati'tude Literary Magazine, Winter 2012
- "Snap": Soul Vomit: Beating Domestic Violence (Broken Publications, 2012).
- "The Undivorced": If & When Literary Journal (Issue One, 2013)
- "I Stopped by Your House Today": Poetry & Cookies Anthology (Spring 2013)
- "Talismans": Poetry & Cookies Anthology (Spring 2013)
- "The Mayans Were Wrong": 2013 San Gabriel Valley Poetry Calendar
- "Old Habits": San Gabriel Valley Poetry Quarterly [SGVPQ], Spring 2013
- "Oscar the Blade Runner": SGVPQ, Winter 2013
- "Shades of Blue": SGVPQ, Fall 2012
- "Coming to Empty": SGVPQ, Summer 2012
- "Only the Moon Knows My Secrets": Soul Vomit: Beating Domestic Violence (Broken Publications, 2012).
- "Hammock: Chicago Old Town": Poetry & Cookies: 2012 Anthology of Poems
- "Rosita's Hands": Poetry & Cookies: 2012 Anthology of Poems
- "Early Morning": SGVPQ, Spring 2012
- "Manicure Diva: Hong Hanh, Apricot Blossom": SGVPQ, Winter 2011
- "Chicago Winter": SGVPQ, Fall 2011
- "School Bell": SGVPQ, Summer 2011
- "Brown Arms": SGVPQ, Spring 2011.
- "Grandmother's Insomnia": Poetry & Cookies: 2011 Anthology of Poems
- "Annie's Lap": Poetry & Cookies: 2011 Anthology of Poems.
- Melinda Palacio, How Fire Is a Story, Waiting: La Bloga, June 30, 2013, at www.LaBloga.blogspot.com
- Melinda Palacio, How Fire Is a Story, Waiting: Hinchas de Poesia, Issue 10, June 2013.
- Alma Luz Villanueva, The Ultraviolet Sky: Latinopia, May 6, 2013, at www.Latinopia.com
- Ana Castillo, The Mixquiahuala Letters: Latinopia, March 3, 2013.
- Gloria Anzaldua, Borderlands: Latinopia, December 9, 2012.
- Pat Mora, Borders: Latinopia, September 30, 2012.
- Sandra Cisneros, The House on Mango Street: Latinopia, September 3, 2012
- Cherrie Moraga, Loving in the War Years: Latinopia, July 8, 2012.
- Lorna Dee Cervantes, Emplumada: Latinopia, May 27, 2012.
- Lorna Dee Cervantes, Emplumada: Letras Latinas, Review Roundup, June 10, 2012 at www.latinopoetryreview.blogspot.com
- Estela Portillo Trambley, Rain of Scorpions and Other Writings: Latinopia, April 30, 2012.
- Estela Portillo Trambley, Rain of Scorpions and Other Writings: La Bloga, May 14, 2012.
- Nicholasa Mohr, Nilda: Latinopia, March 26, 2012.
- Oscar Hijuelos, Beautiful Maria of My Soul: Latinopia, December 19, 2011.
Essays & Mini-Essays:
- In my blog, "American Latina/o Writers Today" at www.Latinowriterstoday.blogspot.com
- In my blog, "The Literary Self" at www.TheLiterarySelf.blogspot.com
- In letters with commentary on sociopolitical issues of the day in online newspapers and other online media.
[Here is the full text of my latest short story, "Lesbian." See publication information above.]
“Honey,” Nora coos, “give me your hand.”